Learn more about marine diesel engines!
We'll investigate the fundamentals of operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting small diesel propulsion engines for recreational boaters.
During this class, you'll learn about:
- Basic diesel and gasoline engine combustion theory
- Lubrication and cooling systems
- Alarm and controls
- Maintenance and trouble shooting
You'll also receive a list of recommended books and reference materials to continue your learning outside of class.
- Learn about engine theory
- Gain insight into how lubrication and cooling systems work
- Receive guidance on maintenance, troubleshooting, and more
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational sail and power boaters interested in expanding their knowledge of marine diesel engines
- Class ID: 5867
- Instructor: Al Bruce
- Winter 2018 Session: 6 Wednesdays | 2/21/18 - 3/28/18 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Spring 2018 Session: 6 Wednesdays | 4/4/18 - 5/9/18 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 18
- Where: Seattle Maritime Academy - Room 213 | 4455 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Fee: $275