The Ballard Locks are a 100-year-old engineering marvel that enables boats to go between our freshwater lakes and the Puget Sound.
Master the required skills to make your next transit through the locks less stressful and more fun.
Through step-by-step guidance and hands-on experience, we'll focus on preparation, safety, communication, and more.
- Gain experience transiting the Ballard Locks during this hands-on class trip
- Recieve step-by-step guidance
- Pick up tips and tricks to make your transits less stressful
- Learn the basics of communication, preparation, and safety as it applies to the locks
- Meet other recreational boaters in your community
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in receiving hands-on guidance in transiting the Ballard Locks
- Class ID: 5868
- Instructor: Margaret Pommert
- When: Friday, 11/16 | 6:30-9 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 5
- Where: Seattle Maritime Academy - Room 213 | 4455 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Fee: $125
- Additional Notes: Please bring non-slip shoes and layered clothing appropriate to the forecasted weather.