Aromatherapy for the Holidays
Aromatherapy is an enjoyable way to support your health and well being.
In this fun, hands-on class, explore the history of aromatherapy which can be traced back to use in ancient civilizations including the Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans, for various purposes including therapy.
Explore the therapeutic uses of essential oils.
Although medical evidence about the effectiveness of aromatherapy is limited, people use aromatherapy to lift the spirits, reduce anxiety, increase short-term memory, reduce nausea or reduce pain.
Learn about the components of essential oils, from oils to flowers, bark, herbs and other ingredients, used by various cultures throughout history, and the processes used to create them.
Gain knowledge about the safe uses of essential oils for all ages, including children and elderly, as well as using aromatherapy to support the well being of your pets.
Experiment with proper blending techniques to create your own favorite aromas
Learn how you can create aromatherapy gifts for your friends and loved ones and leave the class with samples.
Materials are included in the class fee.
- Learn about the history of aromatherapy
- Understand the components of essential oils
- Gain knowledge about the therapeutic uses of essential oils
- Learn how to use essential oils safely for all ages (including children and elderly) and pets
- Gain resources for further education
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in the history of aromatherapy
- People who would like techniques to support a healthy mind, body and spirit
- Anyone interested in mixing essential oils to create their own blends