Capoeira is a Brazilian art form combining elements of martial arts, music, and dance that has played an important part in shaping the culture of Brazil.
During this class, you'll:
- Learn basic movements
- Increase your spatial awareness
- Experience the rhythms of capoeira instruments
- Learn to sing in Portuguese
Capoeira is a great way to get fit in a dynamic, fun, and supportive environment. All ages and fitness levels welcome!
- Improve your body and spatial awareness to perform basic Capoeira movements
- Learn 30 basic kicks, escapes, and acrobatic movements
- Practice performing defense and attack maneuvers with a partner in a dynamic and fluid movement-focused environment
- Learn the basic rhythms of 3 capoeira Contemporanea instruments, including the Berimbau (musical bow), Pandeiro (Brazilian Tambourine), and Atabaque (conga drum)
- Learn 3 fundamental capoeira songs in Brazilian Portuguese
- Enhance your physical fitness in a fun and engaging environment
- Learn about Brazilian culture
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in improving their overall physical fitness
- Individuals seeking to learn a new form of self-defense
- Those looking for an engaging fitness community
- Anyone interested in learning more about Brazilian culture
- No previous experience with capoeira or music is required -- just a willingness to show up and try something new!