Learn to dance Kizomba!
This partner dance is generally danced in a very smooth and rhythmic manner with emphasis placed on connection to your partner.
Many recognize the strong resemblance to Argentine Tango and African Zouk, danced popularly in the French Caribbean in the 1980s.
Kizomba, sometimes called African Tango originated in Angola, Africa in the early 1980s.
In this class, learn the basic principles of Kizomba while exploring many of the essentials that make this African partner dance so great.
Start out learning the fundamental steps and movements and transition into more intermediate movements as students progress.
Please bring soft soled shoes.
- Learn Kizomba dance fundamentals
- Gain experience with the connection and partnership that is essential to partner dancing
- Get healthy exercise
- Have fun in a supportive learning environment
- Feel comfortable dancing Kizomba in a social setting by the end
Who Should Take this Class?
- People of all ages interested in exploring partner dance
- Dancers interested in exploring Kizomba dance style and moves