Take the material you learned in Self-Defense 101 and kick it up a notch.
This is a progressive skill-building class, which means each session will review what you learned during the previous week(s) and build on those skills.
In this class you will:
- Review decisive targets and strikes, combos, and other components of physical skills
- Increase your practical agility and footwork to better leverage your strength effectively
- Learn to continue even if the fight hits the ground
- Have more practice with verbal tactics, including deescalation, the “Broken Record,” confrontation strategies, assertion and “energy matching”
- Learn how to deal with two attackers
- Learn basic strategies for facing an attacker with a weapon
- Learn simple joint manipulation to stall or disable an attacker
Come prepared to challenge yourself!
Participants will gain a basic understanding of personal safety and self-defense in order to:
- Recognize “red flags” that someone may mean harm
- Use their “exit strategy” skills to thwart intended harm
- Use physical skills to disable an attacker and escape, if necessary
- Seek support and appropriate self-care after an intended assault
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Self-Defense 101, or another multi-session empowerment self-defense course
- This class is for women and older teen girls who want to learn everyday personal safety and self-defense skills
- Class ID: 6534
- Instructor: Joanne Factor
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 8
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $189
- Additional Notes: Price includes materials fee.