Take the material you learned in Self-Defense 101 and kick it up a notch.
This is a progressive skill-building class, which means each session will review what you learned during the previous week(s) and build on those skills.
In this class you will:
- Review decisive targets and strikes, combos, and other components of physical skills
- Increase your practical agility and footwork to better leverage your strength effectively
- Learn to continue even if the fight hits the ground
- Have more practice with verbal tactics, including de-escalation, the "Broken Record," confrontation strategies, assertion and "energy matching"
- Learn how to deal with two attackers
- Learn basic strategies for facing an attacker with a weapon
- Learn simple joint manipulation to stall or disable an attacker
Come prepared to challenge yourself!
Participants will gain a basic understanding of personal safety and self-defense in order to:
- Recognize “red flags” that someone may mean harm
- Use their “exit strategy” skills to thwart intended harm
- Use physical skills to disable an attacker and escape, if necessary
- Seek support and appropriate self-care after an intended assault
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Self-Defense 101, or another multi-session empowerment self-defense course
- This class is for women and older teen girls who want to learn everyday personal safety and self-defense skills