Learn how to use massage to relieve stress, improve physical comfort and foster intimacy with another person.
Taught by a licensed massage therapist, this class will show you simple techniques that offer great health benefits.
Learn to use traditional Swedish massage techniques to care for another person through touch, including the three basics: Effleurage, Petrissage and Tapotement.
Gain experience in proper body mechanics for injury prevention and how you can improve the massage for both the giver and receiver.
Each pair will have a station with a yoga mat, and pillows and massage will be done fully clothed.
Experience instructor demonstrations that you can learn by observing, as well as student practice time with questions, answers, and hands on corrections as requested.
You will receive printed reference material along with sample massage lotions/oils.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to perform the three basic Swedish massage strokes in an ergonomic way
- Know how to transition between various strokes and the traditional order of the strokes
- Be able to comfortably perform massage without hand, wrist or back pain
Who Should Take this Class?
This class is great for romantic partners, athletes, yoga practitioners and anyone interested in learning about and practicing therapeutic massage. Singles and couples are welcome -- you do not need a partner to take this class!
- When: 3 Saturdays | 12/1-12/15 | 11 AM - 1 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 6
- Where: Broadway Edison Building, Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $89