Learn how to use massage to relieve stress, improve physical comfort and foster intimacy with another person.
This course is designed for partners looking to aid themselves, their partners and intimates with basic massage techniques.
Taught by a licensed massage therapist, this class will show you simple techniques that offer great health benefits.
Learn to use traditional Swedish massage techniques to care for another person through touch, including the three basics: Effleurage, Petrissage and Tapotement.
Gain experience in proper body mechanics for injury prevention and how you can improve the massage for both the giver and receiver.
Wear comfortable clothing with a tank top or loose fitting t-shirt on top. Bring a yoga mat, and three pillows to class. Massage will be done fully clothed.
Experience instructor demonstrations that you can learn by observing, as well as student practice time with questions, answers, and hands on corrections as requested.
You will receive printed reference material along with sample massage lotions/oils.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to perform the three basic Swedish massage strokes in an ergonomic way
- Know how to transition between various strokes and the traditional order of the strokes
- Be able to comfortably perform massage without hand, wrist or back pain
Who Should Take this Class?
This class is great for romantic partners interested in learning about and practicing therapeutic massage.
- Class ID: 6671
- Instructor: Carolyn Brenith
- When: 3 Saturdays | 12/1-12/15 | 11 AM - 1 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 6
- Where: Broadway Edison Building, Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $89; $44.50 (half price) for your class partner*
- Additional Notes: *Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register the second person for this class to get the discount (half price!).