Project management skills are essential in a wide variety of professional roles, and can even be a wonderful asset in your personal life.
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of project management, approaching it from the standpoint of managing a single, stand-alone project that is small to medium-sized. You'll work through the project life cycle using the same steps you'll use when you're managing a real project.
During this course, we'll cover the following:
- Project life cycles from initiation through planning, executing, controlling, and closing
- Project charters
- Creating a work-breakdown structure
- Network diagramming
- Finalizing the project plan
- Scope management
- Stakeholder identification
- Cost management
- Scheduling and schedule management
- Earned value measurement
- Change control
This course's curriculum is based on the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), and provides the foundation for your training to become PMP certified.
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: An understanding and experience with MS Windows and Office products; two or more years of experience in a project management environment is helpful, but not required.
- Journey-level project managers
- Project coordinators, staff, managers and supervisors
- Anyone who is involved in projects or interested in advancing their knowledge in global standards of project management
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers
- Subject matter experts,
- Financial analysts
- Stakeholders and senior leadership
Participating in group activities and going through the actual PMBOK processes was very helpful. --Student
The written material was very helpful. The instructor was very kind and friendly. --Student
- Class ID: 5831
- Instructor: Jim O'Donnell and Howard Stolz
- When: TWO OPTIONS: 6 Sessions: Mondays & Wednesdays; 4/1-4/17; 6-9:15 PM (online) OR 6 Thursdays; 5/2-6/6; 6-9:15 PM (in person)
- Total Number of Hours: 19.5
- Where: The Monday/Wednesday class is ONLINE only; the Thursday class meets at the Broadway Edison Building Room 4182; 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $485
- Additional Notes: For the Thursday class: laptop strongly recommended.