The world of grants seeking is becoming more competitive. Gain the skills to become a successful grant writer either as the head of an organization, program manager or as a fund developer.
Learn a series of key skills related to project design, development and persuasive writing skills.
Topics will include:
- Grant writing as an essential skill for organization leaders,program managers and fund developers; scoping grant-winning proposals; funding sources
- Topic identification, team assignments and collecting your supporting data
- Project development – using the logic model to design your project
- Formulating goals, outcomes and objectives
- Preparing activities and the scheduling chart (GANTT)
- Budgeting your project
- The evaluation component
- Editing for persuasive communications
- Packaging your document for either snail mail or e-mail
- Presenting and negotiating your proposal
- Learn to develop proposals that will help you win grants
- Properly outline goals for grants
- Get skills in how to present your proposal
- Work on your specific project with expert guidance
Who Should Take this Class?
- Nonprofit founders, program managers, or employees who are responsible for securing funding
- Fund development consultants who are interested in honing their skills
- Freelance writers interested in expanding their available services
- Anyone interested in a career in nonprofits, fund development, or grantwriting
The instructor is very knowledgeable in this field and shared personal experience which was very helpful.
I enjoyed the opportunity to get more one on one interaction with the instructor to increase my understanding. -- Erin O'Brien
- Class ID: 8235
- Instructor: Seattle Central Staff
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 3167 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $459
- Additional Notes: The cost of the required text, Student Manual/Fundamentals of Grants Writing, and computer lab fee is included in tuition.