Data Analysis is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after skills in the workplace.
Companies have vast amounts of data, but it is rare to have someone with the ability to analyze that data to see trends and make predictions.
Add a whole new skill set to your portfolio, and make a big difference in the success of your organization by acquiring data analysis skills.
Begin with getting a basic understanding of how to analyze data in a business setting. Then learn how many of your business decisions involve comparing groups for differences. You will know the statistics behind these group differences and relationships.
Finally, you will find out how to perform inquiries that will be useful to your business or organization, and have the skill necessary to communicate these results through graphs and text that your fellow employees will understand.
Whether your business is home based or a large company, this certificate will take you to the next level where important decision-making is concerned.
This program is comprised of these three courses:
Upon successful completion of all three courses, you’ll be able to:
- Distinguish between quantitative and qualitative data and give examples of a variety of sources of that data
- Discover a number of different Statistical methods and identify methods of sorting, filtering and categorizing that data
- Compare and contrast the results of their analysis to “normal” results and be able to draw conclusions from those comparisons that are supported by the data
- Effectively summarize the results of their analysis and describe how these results are meaningful in a business context
- Compare two or more groups for differences
- Understand relationships among variables
- Work with rating data such as from rating surveys
- Interpret visual displays of these differences and relationships
- Generate user-friendly, understandable explanations of the results
- Develop a useful survey
- Perform means comparisons
- Perform analyses of variance
- Perform post hoc comparisons
- Explain statistical results graphically and textually
Who Should Take this Class?
- Professionals seeking to differentiate themselves in the workplace
- Small business owners that would like to use data more effectively when making business decisions
- Job seekers interested in expanding their marketable skills
- Class ID: 5900
- Instructor: Mary Dereshiwsky; Jeff Kritzer; John Rutledge
- When: 9/5/17 - 12/1/17
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495
- Additional Notes: By registering for this course, you'll be automatically enrolled in Introduction to Data Analysis, Intermediate Data Analysis, and Advanced Data Analysis.