Nonprofits today need to be run like a business in many respects.
You have competition, a need to generate income and your staff needs to be productive in order to support your programs and services. .
This certificate program focuses on revenue generation and program evaluation for nonprofits.
Nonprofit administrators will benefit by learning best practices for modern nonprofit organizations to be successful.
This certificate program is comprised of the following courses:
Program Evaluation for Nonprofit Professionals
Enhance your understanding of program evaluation within the nonprofit context by learning how to improve your evaluation planning, data collection, data analysis, and data use.
Focus on real-world challenges that organizations may face when conducting evaluation -- including staff time, costs, and reporting evaluation results to funders.
This course will help you develop a complete program logic model and evaluation plan that is ready for implementation.
The goal of this course is to:
- Provide a basic understanding of evaluation in the nonprofit context
- Provide tangible, useful information on how nonprofit professionals can plan and implement evaluation activities
- Provide a basic understanding of how evaluation data is used in the nonprofit sector and how participants can improve their use of that data
- Address the real-world challenges that nonprofit organizations face in conducting evaluation, and provide realistic solutions
Revenue Generation for Nonprofits
Learn how to build revenue streams for your non-profit organization, an essential skill in keeping your doors open and expanding your services.
During this class, you'll:
- Discover how to increase revenue from your current activities
- Develop strategies for building new streams
- Learn how to effectively set prices or fees
- Gain an understanding of the 20% that generates 80% of your revenue
These basic concepts will yield great results, and this knowledge will help you improve your revenue generation, resulting in a larger surplus.
The goals of this course are to:
- Provide techniques that will improve the success of current revenue streams.
- Provide effective ways to develop new revenue generating programs and services
- Have an organized approach to improving revenue generation for non-profits.
- Provide business practices that help non-profits fulfill their missions.
This online course is offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
By the end of this program, you will:
- Understand what evaluation is, and what it is not.
- Be able to identify steps your organization can take right away to improve evaluation activities.
- Possess a completed program-logic model and evaluation plan.
- Know how to collect and analyze data properly.
- Know how to use that data to improve programs and report to funders and stakeholders.
- Know which revenue generating programs and services to continue.
- Know how to develop new successful programs and services
- Know how to effectively promote services and programs
- Know the few significant tasks that will yield the most results.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Nonprofit professionals who would like more guidance on the valuation process
- Those interested in working in the nonprofit space
- Class ID: 5912
- Instructor: Bagley, Fred and Welsh, Myia
- When: 2/4/19-4/26/19
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $595
- Additional Notes: Register by February 8th.