Intensive, nationally acclaimed program for beginning and advanced legal workers.
Train to interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. Practice-oriented instruction relating to those areas of law in which paralegals are in most demand.
This program includes the following classes:
- Week 1: Legal Terminology and Introduction to Legal Process
- Week 2: Rules of Civil Procedure, Introduction to Torts and Contracts, and Documents
- Week 3: Pleading Format, Discovery, Evidence, Interviewing, and Investigation
- Week 4: Elementary Legal Research
- Week 5: Advanced Legal Research, Writing, and Shepardizing
- Week 6: Law Office Management, Administrative Hearings, and Appellate Rules
- Learn the basics of the legal profession
- Gain experience and an understanding of effective interviewing & research techniques
- Prepare yourself for an entry-level position in the legal field
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in gaining employment as a paralegal
- Current assistants or administrative professionals in the legal field that would like to grow their skills