Six Sigma professionals are in high demand by organization around the world.
This comprehensive Green Belt training program will teach you problem-solving skills using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) method, and prepare you to make meaningful change in any organization.
You'll be encouraged to bring your own project to the course, which enables you to apply the concepts you're learning in real time and benefit from expert mentorship and guidance.
This online course is offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Gain a fundamental understanding of Six Sigma methodologies during this 3-month certificate program, which is comprised of the following individual classes:
In this intro course, you'll learn the basic terms, problem-solving methods, team building tools, and descriptive statistics that are the basis for success in process improvement. Topics covered include Lean Principles, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Team Tools, Project Charters, and Basic Statistical Tools.
During this intermediate course, we'll build on previous knowledge and explore new topics, including process analysis, data collection and analysis, probability and valid statistical conclusions, and hypothesis testing.
In the final course of the Six Sigma Green Belt program, learn how to improve and control processes, while deepening your understanding and experience applying the concepts and tools used in the first two courses of this certificate program.
- Understand the basic terms in the Six Sigma approach
- Gain familiarity and experience with the problem-solving methodology
- Develop understanding of the principles, process, team roles and tools
- Become familiar with project management tools and process
- Learn about descriptive statistics and how they can be utilized in a business or organization setting
- Learn about data collection and analysis
- Develop tools and skills in analyzing processes
- Develop an understanding of probability, valid statistical conclusions, and hypothesis testing.
- Become familiar with measurement system analysis and how organizations utilize this approach in making key decisions that affect the organization.
- Develop an understanding of process improvement approaches and tools.
- Learn methods to test hypotheses, design experiments, and control statistical processes.
- Gain familiarity with web resources and other tools to support ongoing learning.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Professionals who want to develop more sophisticated, streamlined and effective processes
- Project, product, or program managers wanting to improve team tools and systems
- Small business owners who want to increase efficiency and productivity
- People working in organizations already using the Six Sigma methodology who want to better understand the approach and improve their participation implementing it
- Job seekers interested in expanding their skill sets
- Class ID: 5922
- Instructor: Scott Follett
- When: 4/1/19-6/28/19
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495