- Introduction to CMS
- WordPress installation and setup
- Page and content creation
- Themes (selection, purchase, installation and setup)
- Working with widgets and plugins
- How to modify WordPress web pages by hand-coding
- Simple yet effective search engine optimization (SEO) techniques that improve your website ranking
- ... and much more.
After successfully completing the WordPress Certificate you will know how to build a WordPress website or blog, customize your WordPress site by hand-coding HTML, CSS, and PHP, know necessary regular WordPress maintenance, create a WordPress website backup, and know how to apply SEO techniques in WordPress.
This online course is offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Install WordPress
- Search, find, choose and purchase WordPress themes
- Install and configure standard or premium WordPress themes
- Build, administer and update a website or blog using WordPress
- Add and configure WordPress Plugins and Widgets
- Manage WordPress site users
- Plan steps for creating a WordPress website
- Research, choose and purchase the right domain for your business
- Find a good hosting company, choose the right hosting package and sign up for it
- Point your domain to your host
- Know how to access WordPress site codes and how to modify them properly
- Keep your WordPress site up to date
- Use Search Engine Optimization techniques to enhance website ranking
- Maintain a healthy website by applying a few security measures
- Back up your WordPress website
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who would like to learn how to create websites using WordPress
- Small business owners interested in learning more about the creation and maintenance of their business' website
- Class ID: 5940
- Instructor: Helmi, Andy
- When: 2/4/19-4/26/19
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495