Gain the specialized skills you need to start a rewarding career in information technology (IT) in the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
Healthcare information technology professionals help support the use of technology in the healthcare setting.
Their specific responsibilities vary by position; however, responsibilities could include: installing and maintaining electronic health record systems, working as part of an internal IT team, or providing technical support to employees throughout a healthcare facility.
Healthcare information technicians work in a variety of healthcare facilities such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, home health care agencies, nursing homes, public health office, and insurance companies.
The curriculum is geared towards real world training and has been designed by experienced industry experts that can have you career ready in a year or less.
Prepare for Professional Certifications
Though certification may not always be a requirement for employment, earning CompTIA A+ certification as well as the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) and Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) credentials will help your resume stand out in the job market and give you access to more job opportunities.
This program is specifically designed to prepare you for these certifications and also includes 4 certification exam vouchers (a $570 value), which you will receive when you finish the training program.
How is the Healthcare IT program structured?
You will have 24/7 access to all material, allowing you to progress through the curriculum on your own schedule and at your own pace.
How long does it take to finish the course?
Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students.
Every student who enrolls in the Healthcare IT training program receives an initial 12-month period of enrollment.
- Learn the skills you need to become a healthcare information technology professional
- Understand essential topics relevant to the profession, including: computer fundamentals, working as an electronic health
records office professional, healthcare documentation, medical laws and ethics, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, healthcare reimbursement, medical terminology, pathophysiology, anatomy, medical office procedures and records management, electronic health records, medical coding, hardware, networking, laptops, mobile devices, printers, troubleshooting, operating systems, security, operational procedures and finances
- Prepare to earn your Comp TIA A+, Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- Gain hands-on training with government-certified electronic health records software to minimize on-the-job-training
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in a career in information technology
- People who would like to take the exams for the CompTIA A+ certification as well as the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams.
- People looking for a pathway to employment interested in career opportunities in the medical field
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED)
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience.
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (high speed/broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x, Firefox 3.x or Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
- Class ID: 8233
- Instructor: Career Step Staff
- When: 1/2/19 - 3/20/19
- Total Number of Hours: 584
- Where: Online
- Fee: $3899