Receive training to enter the workforce as a medical administrative assistant!
Medical administrative assistants are the specialized administrative personnel who keep the modern medical office running smoothly, especially as electronic health records are becoming more common.
Specific responsibilities would vary from location to location, but may include:
- Creating and updating patients' electronic health records
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurances
- Completing and submitting insurance claims
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
- Working in a professional environment
This course includes electronic health record (EHR) software training -- essential for the future of healthcare.
With healthcare reform, medical records must move to an electronic format, which has created an incredible need for administrative professionals trained.
Gain hands-on training with ezEMRx software, an industry-standard, government-certified EHR software platform to ensure you have the experience employers need.
Medical administrative assistants can be found working in doctors' offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and many other types of healthcare facilities.
There are over 64,000 new jobs expected nationwide by 2024 for medical administrative assistants.
How is this program structured?
The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, all of which focus on helping you build the essential knowledge and skills of medical administrative assistants.Train with the confidence of knowing that experienced instructors are available by phone, email, or chat all along the way.
This 285-hour course will take 3-5 months to complete.
- Learn the skills you need to become a medical administrative assistant
- Be prepared to work in both physician practices and hospitals
- Understand essential topics relevant to the profession, including: computer fundamentals, health information management, healthcare documentation, medical laws and ethics, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, healthcare reimbursement, medical terminology, pathophysiology, anatomy, medical office procedures and management, medical record management, electronic health records, and finances
- Be prepared for both the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in a career as a medical administrative assistant
- People who would like to take the exams for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams.
- People looking for a pathway to employment interested in career opportunities in the medical field
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED)
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience.
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (high speed/broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x, Firefox 3.x or Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
- Class ID: 8230
- Instructor: Career Step Staff
- When: 1/2/19 - 3/20/19
- Total Number of Hours: 280
- Where: Online
- Fee: $3199