Develop all of the skills you need to succeed in a healthcare office—whether you're managing the administration or handling the billing.
Medical office managers keep all of the administration and billing of the modern medical office running smoothly. Their specific responsibilities vary by position and may include the following:
• Creating and updating patients’ electronic health records
• Scheduling appointments
• Verifying patient insurance
• Completing and submitting insurance claims
• Managing patient billing and collections
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of medical facilities
Medical office managers fill positions in both the medical administrative assistant and medical billing fields. The U.S. Department of Labor provides employment predictions for these two fields separately:
• The medical administrative assistant field is expected to generate over 129,000 new jobs by 2026
• The medical records and health information technicians field (which includes medical billers) is expected to generate over 27,000 new jobs by 2026
Though certification may not always be a requirement for employment, earning credentials is one of the best ways to stand out from other applicants in the job market.
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to earn the following credentials:
• Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
• Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
• Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
The interactive online course if offered through our education partner, Career Step, who specializes in healthcare career training.
The curriculum includes over 20 hours of training on the government-certified ezEMRx electronic health records software to minimize the on-the-job training you'll need.
With one-on-one access to dedicated instructors with years of professional experience, you'll have the help you need to succeed.
Start preparing for the administration and billing jobs all across the healthcare industry with our online Medical Office Manager training program.
This 315 hour course takes 3-8 months to complete.
- Learn the skills you need to become a medical administrative assistant
- Be prepared to work in both physician practices and hospitals
- Understand essential topics relevant to the profession, including: computer fundamentals, medical offices, health information management, healthcare documentation, medical laws and ethics, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, healthcare reimbursement, medical terminology, pathophysiology, anatomy, medical office procedures and management, medical record management, electronic health records, medical coding and finances
- Be prepared to earn the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBSC), CertifiedMedical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), and Certified Electronic Health
Records Specialist (CEHRS) certifications
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in a career as a medical administrative assistant
- People who would like to take the exams for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exams.
- People looking for a pathway to employment interested in career opportunities in the medical field
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED)
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience.
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (high speed/broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x, Firefox 3.x or Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
- Class ID: 8231
- Instructor: Career Step Staff
- When: 1/2/19 - 3/20/19
- Total Number of Hours: 315
- Where: Online
- Fee: $3899