Train for a new career as a physical therapy aide or a medical office professional, a growing field.
What does a physical therapy aide do?
Physical therapy aides work under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist to prepare patients for their therapy sessions and support administrative functions. They also:
- Prepare equipment for patient treatments
- Relieve the therapist to perform professional duties
- Maintain order and cleanliness throughout the facility
- Assist the therapist in selected procedures
- Aid in moving patients
- Organize the work area and disinfect treatment area
- Perform clerical duties such as taking inventory and answering the phone
- Assist patients with paperwork when necessary
What Will I Learn in this Course?
Ths online training program covers:
- Microsoft Office skills
- Duties of a physical therapy aide
- Interacting with patients
- Documentation and reimbursement
- Anatomy and pathophysiology
- Preparing patients for physical therapy
- Treating physical dysfunctions
- And more
The curriculum includes images, exercises, lessons, learning games, and highly interactive instructional simulations to increase your understanding of key concepts and help you learn the material so you can earn your physical therapist aide certification.
The healthcare industry is growing rapidly and the U.S. Department of Labor estimates that the number of jobs available for physical therapy aides will increase by 30% by 2026.
Benefits of this career path include:
- Work in a field that focuses on helping people and making a difference with their health every day.
- Competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
- A foundation for seeking a higher degree in healthcare
More About the Program
This program prepares you to take the Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) exam offered through the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) and the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
This is an online course offered through our educational partners Career Step, who focuses on career training in healthcare.
The online format offers flexibility in learning accompanied by live, experienced, one-on-one instructor support whenever you need it.
Career Step Graduate Services provides one-on-one support to help you turn your education into a job.
This 395-hour course will take 4-6 months to complete.
- Learn the skills you need to work as a physical therapy aide
- Gain the knowledge to pass the Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) exam and earn the credential after graduation.
- Develop competency relevant to the career in topics including: computer fundamentals, healthcare structure and organization, the profession, patient interaction, medical language, documentation, anatomy and pathophysiology, physical therapy modalities, treating common medical disorders and treating physical dysfunctions
- Download the detailed learning objectives to learn more.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in a career as a physical therapy aide or medical office professional
- People looking for a pathway to employment in the medical field
- Anyone wanting to prepare for the Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist exam
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience.
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (high speed/broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x, Firefox 3.x or Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
- Class ID: 8228
- Instructor: Career Step Staff
- When: 1/2/19 - 3/20/19
- Total Number of Hours: 395
- Where: Online
- Fee: $3899