Strengthen your skills, explore a new career or earn professional continuing education credits through flexible online learning.
Instructor-Led Online Courses
Expand your professional horizons with one of our instructor-led online classes. Online classes allow you to work at your own pace, at your own time and you don't have to travel to a classroom. It's great for people with busy schedules and personal responsibilities or logistical challenges. Several of our Cannabis Institute classes are offered online, as well as many professional development and certificate programs.
Offered in partnership with UGotClass, the following courses optimize the online learning experience for our students through the use of technology and teaching formats. Choose from these classes:
- Business Coaching Certificate
- Certificate in Basic Game Design
- Certificate in Customer Service
- Certificate in Data Analysis
- Certificate in Leadership for the 21st Century
- Certificate in Nonprofit Administration
- Certificate in Office Operations
- Certificate in Presentation Media
- Certificate in Web Design
- Coding Certificate
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Entrepreneurial Finance Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Graphic Design Software Essentials Certificate
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Programming for Non-Programmers Certificate
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
- Supervisory and Leadership Certificate
- WordPress Certificate
- Workplace Conflict Solutions Certificate
How do these online courses work?
These online courses are easy to access and participate in. After you register, you'll receive login information via email for your class website. You simply login on the first day of class. Here's what you can expect:
You Choose the Time
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live time specific requirements or meetings. You choose when to participate.
For the best learning, we recommend that you login to the course on 2-3 different days each week. But you decide.
All of the content is available throughout the course. You can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
What You Do
In the online classroom:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio lectures
- View the slides
- Take optional quizzes to test yourself
- Participate in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Many courses have online readings of up to 20 pages a week
Discussion and Questions
Post written comments in the online discussion with your fellow participants at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will login to the discussion area at least once a day to join the discussion, answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
K-12 Educators -- Earn Clock Hours Online
Seattle Central College has partnered with Virtual Education Software (VESi) to provide online courses for certified K-12 teachers to earn professional development clock hours. Online courses are convenient, relevant and affordable. Sample classes include:
- Educational Assessment
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation
VESi courses are now tablet compatible, making it easy for you to recertify anytime, anywhere with reliable, stable online access.
To view courses and register for clock hours through Seattle Central College, visit VESi, or call them at 1-800-313-6744 for assistance.
"This is by far the best, most useful course I have taken in a long time. It provided ready-to-implement strategies to take with me into the classroom. I am extremely thankful!"
-- Nicole C. Course, September, 2014, about the Behavior is Language course
Career Training Programs with Ed2Go
Choose from hundreds of engaging online non-credit courses covering every topic from accounting to web design -- learn when and where it's convenient for you!
Courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments and discussion topics. Most courses run for six weeks and are composed of 12 lessons, representing 24 hours of instruction. You can ask questions and give or receive advice at any time during the course. Features include:
- Professional development and personal enrichment topics
- Sessions start monthly
- Convenient six-week format
- Interactive learning environment
- Instructors lead each course
- Award of completion with passing score
Career Training Programs
These comprehensive career focused education programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, providing you with effective web-based learning programs. Instructors/mentors are actively involved in your online learning experience, responding to any questions or concerns, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
- Prepare for industry certification or start a new career
- Start anytime
- Many programs can be completed in less than six months
- In-depth study
- All learning materials provided
- Personal instructor assistance
- Certificate of completion awarded with passing score