Flexible Learning Options
Explore a new skill or pick up professional clock hours
Online Courses through Continuing Education at Seattle Central College
Continuing Education at Seattle Central College has developed courses that you can take through the college's online learning system called Canvas.
Each of these classes is a bit different -- some are available for open enrollment throughout the quarter, while others have specific start and end dates. Some are led by an instructor, while others are self-paced. For more specifics on each class, please read the class description and session details.
- Cannabis Research and Health Risks
- Cannabis Strain Science: Beyond Folklore and Pseudoscience
- Law and Ethics for Medical Marijuana Consultants
- Medical Marijuana & Cannabis Therapy Package
- Medical Marijuana Consultant Certificate Program
- Medical Marijuana: Qualifying Conditions and Product Selection
- Pain Management and Cannabis Therapy
- Providing Guidance for Growing Cannabis at Home
Instructor-Led Online Courses with UGotClass
Expand your professional horizons with one of our instructor-led online classes, offered in partnership with UGotClass.
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Advanced Six Sigma Green Belt
- Boosting Your Web Site Traffic
- Cash is King
- Certificate in Customer Service
- Certificate in Data Analysis
- Certificate in Non Profit Administration
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Entrepreneur Boot Camp
- Entrepreneurial Finance Certificate
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Extraordinary Customer Service
- Funding Your Business
- Improving Email Promotions
- Intermediate Data Analysis
- Intermediate Six Sigma Green Belt
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Introduction to Six Sigma Green Belt
- Keys to Customer Service
- Mastering Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Onboarding New Employees
- Online Advertising
- Program Evaluation for Non-Profit Professionals
- Revenue Generation for Non-Profits
- Self Publishing eBooks
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
- Spanish for Medical Professionals
- Supervisory and Leadership Certificate
- The Basics of Bookkeeping
- The Business Plan
- WordPress Certificate
How do these online courses work?
These online courses are easy to access and participate in. After you register, you'll receive login information via email for your class website.
Login on the first day of class, and here's what you can expect:
You Choose the Time
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you can participate.
For the best learning, we recommend that you login to the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What You'll Do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will login to the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Ed2Go | Instructor Led Courses & Career Training Programs
We offer you hundreds of engaging online noncredit courses covering every topic from Accounting to Web Design, so you can learn when and where it's convenient for you!
Courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments and discussion areas. Most courses run for six weeks and are composed of 12 lessons, representing 24 hours of instruction. You can ask questions and give or receive advice at any time during the course.
- Professional development and personal enrichment
- Sessions start monthly
- Convenient six-week format
- Interactive learning environment
- Instructors lead each course
- Award of completion with passing score
Career Training Programs
These programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, providing you with effective web-based learning programs. Instructors/mentors are actively involved in your online learning experience, responding to any questions or concerns, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
- Prepare for industry certification or start a new career
- Start Anytime
- Many programs completed in less than six months
- In-depth study, all learning materials provided
- Personal Instructor assistance
- Certificate of completion awarded with passing score
VESi | Clock Hours for K-12 Educators
Seattle Central College has partnered with VESi to provide online courses for certified K-12 teachers to earn professional development clock hours.
Online courses are convenient, relevant and affordable. Sample classes include:
- Educational Assessment
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation
VESi courses are now tablet compatible, making it easy for you to recertify anytime, anywhere with reliable, stable online access.
To view courses and register for clock hours through Seattle Central College, please visit VESi, or call them at 1-800-313-6744 for assistance.
“This is by far the best, most useful course I have taken in a long time. It provided ready-to-implement strategies to take with me into the classroom. I am extremely thankful!“
Nicole C. Course | Behavior is Language | September, 2014