Applied Accounting Level 1 covers the terminology, definitions, principles and rules of accounting.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn the entire Accounting Cycle by setting up both a manual and computerized accounting system; you’ll also learn how to analyze, classify and enter transactions into this system.
Upon completion of this class, you’ll know how to create and interpret financial statements in accordance with GAAP rules.
This is a Hybrid course, which means it’s comprised of a blend of on campus sessions and online learning.
- Identify the best business entity to select for given circumstances.
- Apply the ‘Language of Business’: Accounting principles, terminology and procedures.
- Complete the entire accounting cycle, both for a service and merchandise business.
- Construct a computerized accounting system and produce financial statements.
- This is the first class in our Small Business Accounting Certificate class; upon completion of the certificate program, you’ll be prepared to take the Certified Bookkeeper exam
Who Should Take this Class?
- Small business owners that are interested in improving their knowledge of basic accounting
- Professionals seeking entry-level bookkeeping or accounting positions in a small business or for an entrepreneur
- Class ID: 5840
- Instructor: Seattle Central Staff
- When: 10 Thursdays | 9/28/17 - 12/7/17 | 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 55
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 3167 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $719
- Additional Notes: Computer lab and hybrid course fees included in tuition. This is part of our Small Business Accounting Certificate. It's available through Continuing Education as a non-credit certificate program, or as part of Seattle CentralÕs Business Technology Management program.