Building on what you learned in Applied Accounting – Level 2, you’ll explore:
- Payroll, including computing wages and salaries, withholdings and State and federal forms
- Basic business taxation, tax planning and record keeping
- Comparisons of for-profit vs. non-profit businesses
This is a Hybrid course, which means it’s comprised of a blend of on campus sessions and online learning.
- Prepare, journalize and post payroll for businesses
- Implement basic business taxation and tax planning
- Apply industry standard business record keeping
- Describe the difference between for-profit vs. non-profit businesses
- Prepare State and federal payroll and tax forms
- This is the third class in our Small Business Accounting Certificate class; upon completion of the certificate program, you’ll be prepared to take the Certified Bookkeeper exam
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have completed Applied Accounting – Level 2
- Small business owners that are interested in improving their knowledge of basic accounting
- Professionals seeking entry-level bookkeeping or accounting positions in a small business or for an entrepreneur
- Instructor: Staff, Seattle Central
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 55
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3173 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $713.00 | Note: Introductory pricing of $423 is available to all students who enroll in the Small Business Certificate Program beginning in Winter 2017.
- Additional Notes: Additional hybrid course fee required. Computer lab fee included in tuition. This is part of our Small Business Accounting Certificate. It's available through Continuing Education as a non-credit certificate program, or as part of Seattle Central’s Business Technology Management program.