Building on what you learned in Applied Accounting – Level 2, you’ll explore:
- Payroll, including computing wages and salaries, withholdings and State and federal forms
- Basic business taxation, tax planning and record keeping
- Comparisons of for-profit vs. non-profit businesses
This is a Hybrid course, which means it’s comprised of a blend of on campus sessions and online learning.
- Prepare, journalize and post payroll for businesses
- Implement basic business taxation and tax planning
- Apply industry standard business record keeping
- Describe the difference between for-profit vs. non-profit businesses
- Prepare State and federal payroll and tax forms
- This is the third class in our Small Business Accounting Certificate class; upon completion of the certificate program, you’ll be prepared to take the Certified Bookkeeper exam
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have completed Applied Accounting – Level 2
- Small business owners that are interested in improving their knowledge of basic accounting
- Professionals seeking entry-level bookkeeping or accounting positions in a small business or for an entrepreneur
- Instructor: Staff, Seattle Central
- When: 10 Thursdays | 6/29/17 - 8/31/17 | 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 55
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3173 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $713.00 | Note: Introductory pricing of $423 is available to all students who enroll in the Small Business Certificate Program beginning in Winter 2017.
- Additional Notes: Additional hybrid course fee required. Computer lab fee included in tuition. This is part of our Small Business Accounting Certificate. It's available through Continuing Education as a non-credit certificate program, or as part of Seattle Central’s Business Technology Management program.