When conflict arises in the workplace, are you skilled in deescalating and managing it?
A recent study conducted by the American Management Association (AMA) revealed that the average manager spends more than 20 percent of their day engaged in or reacting to a conflict situation.
This study also identified that out of twenty-five management skills, conflict management was the only one positively correlated to higher earnings and promotion.
During this class, you’ll discover a workable conflict management model, explore case studies in conflict management, and then take away successful conflict management strategies to apply in your workplace.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Improve your ability to identify, address, and manage conflict situations
- Improve your effectiveness through understanding of the four steps for addressing conflict
- Understand why conflict is important and how it can enhance performance
- Definition of conflict
- The up side of conflict
- Describe performance expectations related to conflict
- Using the model
- Dialog for a conflict conversation
- When to take action and address a conflict situation
- Review of real world cases
- Analyze and evaluate the cases
- Creating a standard of performance
- Creating your own dialog
- Applying the model
- Understand when conflict is productive and useful for a team
- Learn how to identify and determine when to step in to resolve a conflict situation
- Understand how to communicate using the Conflict Management Model
- Understand how to create accountability for job performance
- Understand how to link employee behaviors to the job performance
- Learn how to be more effective in your relationships with your team
Who Should Take this Class?
- New managers that need to develop their conflict management skills
- Existing managers that need guidance on best practices
- Anyone who would like a more effective method for resolving conflict
- Class ID: 5915
- Instructor: Klauss, Sally
- Winter Session 2017: 2/6/2017 - 3/3/2017
- Spring Session 2017: 4/3/17 - 4/28/17
- Total Number of Hours: 24
- Where: Online
- Fee: $245