Are you responsible for hiring new employees? Have you had made some 'bad hires' on occasion?
Unfortunately, these can be costly mistakes -- both financially and operationally.
In this course, we'll take a comprehensive view of the interview process, including developing specific, relevant and scenario-based questions, to ensure that you're hiring someone who has the skills to succeed in the job.
In addition, we'll practice techniques that help you to conduct an inclusive and effective interview.
- Learn how to identify and focus on the specific skills, qualities, and compatibilities that are required to perform the job successfully
- Develop specific and objective behavioral and motivational interview questions and evaluation criteria
- Recognize and avoid using questions that are illegal or biased
- Become familiar with best practices for an effective interview panel
- Create an effective interview process that is consistent and yields qualified candidates
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who has responsibility for hiring employees
- Anyone aspiring to become a manager or considering the field of human resources
- Class ID: 5827
- Instructor: Yvonne Freitas McGookin
- Winter 2018 Session: 1 Tuesday | 2/20/18 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Spring 2018 Session: 1 Tuesday | 5/1/18 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 3
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $89
- Additional Notes: This workshop is part of our HR Basics for Non-HR Manager series of classes.