Do you dream of opening your own restaurant, bakery, food truck or unique catering company?
Then you cannot afford to miss Seattle Central College's Food Business Incubator!
Learn from Peter Lewis, the founder of the acclaimed French restaurant, Campagne, and its casual bistro sibling, Café Campagne, how to develop your food business dream into a reality.
Core curriculum covers concept development, financial tools, forms of business/corporate organization, essential licensing and permitting processes, branding and marketing strategies, capitalization options and development of an Investor Pitch Deck.
Weekly intensive sessions will help you craft and achieve your vision.
Each session features critical information on course topics and exercises designed to apply new skills and tools to your business concept.
Interactive, guided sessions take the form of lab/practicums where students review the materials specific to their own business with the instructor providing support to the emerging plans.
Selected sessions will feature noted industry experts willing to share insight on the dedicated weekly topics.
Previous guest speakers have included Jennifer Tam, Seattle Office of Economic Development's Restaurant Advocate, Laura Miller, one of Seattle's top restaurant/commercial realtors and Linda Derschang, owner of Oddfellows Café, SMITH, and Tallulah's.
The final week of class offers students the unique and exciting opportunity to take a turn in the Fish Tank by representing their Investor Pitch Deck to finance professionals, gaining valuable advice.
- Develop a concept for your food business
- Become familiar with the financial tools you will need
- Explore forms of business/corporate organization
- Understand essential licensing and permitting processes
- Explore branding and marketing strategies for your food business
- Learn about capitalization options
- Develop an Investor Pitch Deck and practice pitching it to financial professionals
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in exploring what it would take to develop and launch a food business
- People with a food truck, restaurant or food business concept who need support in one or more areas to move the vision forward
- Food business professionals who want to do more footwork in developing their concept and business plan