This is an introductory class that will provide practical skills, concepts and techniques that can be applied to plan and manage projects.
We’ll examine the project management framework, including lexicon, project life cycle, knowledge areas and processes.
Organized around the ten knowledge areas and five processes that the Project Management Institute (PMI®) outlines in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide – 5th Edition), this course includes class exercises where you’ll learn to prepare:
- A project charter
- A work break down structure
- Other essential project management tools.
After completing this training, participants should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental approach and value of project management
- Become aware of standard vocabulary used in the field
- Understand the approach of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Describe Process Groups and Knowledge Areas developed by PMI
- Identify key competencies needed to become an effective project manager
- Write a project charter following the PMI guidelines to initiate a project
- Identify stakeholders and develop strategies for effectively communicating to meet their needs and requirements
- Describe the key elements of a plan, including baselined scope, schedule, budget and other subsidiary plans
- Apply basic project management tools and templates to plan, organize, execute, monitor and close projects
Who Should Take this Class?
- Journey-level project managers
- Project coordinators, staff, managers and supervisors
- Anyone who is involved in projects or interested in advancing their knowledge in global standards of project management
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers
- Subject matter experts,
- Financial analysts
- Stakeholders and senior leadership
I loved the exercises used in class; [they were] simple and a good way to fully understand the subject. — Aline Rose
- Class ID: 5831
- Instructor: Zahid Khan
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 7.5
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $195
- Additional Notes: The PMBOK Guide is included in your tuition.