What does it take to have a financially feasible business?
The short answer: Money! But where does this money come from?
Come explore your business's financial feasibility in three areas: start-up or expansion, profits, and cash.
During this course, you'll learn how to:
- Clearly communicate your personal financial goals
- Provide comparisons of financial potential against financial goals
- Deliver information on how to project a business's profit potential for three years
- Discover ways to improve your business's profitability
- Address the topic of estimating the amount of cash needed and appropriate timing for three years
- Evaluate potential debt and equity sources of funding
- Provide information needed to approach potential funding sources
Join us as we learn about the different funding options available, and how to secure them to create a financially successful venture.
Determining your business's financial potential
- Identifying your personal financial goals
- Projecting how your business will help you reach your financial goals
- Typical funding stages in business
- Knowing where people get money to start and operate a business
Estimating the business's profit potential
- Estimating projected sales for three years
- Projecting expenses for three years
- Comparing your projections to industry standards
- Making changes to improve profitability
Projecting the business's cash flow
- Estimating how much money is needed
- Determining your cash sources for three years
- Determining your cash needs for three years
- Improving cash flow
Evaluating funding needs against potential sources
- What debt sources are available for your needs
- What equity sources are available for your needs
- What the funding requirements are
- Putting together a funding request
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand your own financial goals and your business’s ability to help you reach those goals
- Have a financial plan to build your business through internal profits
- Be able to reveal cash needs based on a three-year estimate of cash sources and uses
- Know how to evaluate potential cash sources to support business operations
Who Should Take this Class?
- Non-finance professionals who would like to have a better understanding of how to fund a business
- Small business owners looking for guidance on identifying and securing outside funding
- Anyone interested in our Entrepreneurial Finance Certificate program
- Class ID: 5937
- Instructor: Jodie Trana
- When: 4/2/18 - 4/27/18
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Online
- Fee: $195
- Additional Notes: This course is also part of our Entrepreneurial Finance Certificate program.