Your employees are your most valuable assets, and knowing how to effectively manage them is essential. If you're responsible for HR functions but have limited knowledge or experience, this series of workshops are designed to guide you through everything from employee hiring to performance evaluation to termination, and more.
By registering for this series, you'll be enrolled in the following workshops:
Employment Fundamentals Every Manager Needs to Know
Learn the answers to fundamental HR questions that ensure compliance with employment laws and best practices. Learning these basics will help you avoid potential pitfalls and help you to gain more confidence as a supervisor or manager.
Effective Interviewing Skills
We'll take a comprehensive view of the interview process, including developing specific, relevant and scenario-based questions, to ensure that you’re hiring someone who has the skills to succeed in the job.
Evaluating Employee Performance
Evaluating performance is an integral part of the ongoing feedback and goal-setting that you provide to employees that you supervise. Learn how to effectively monitor, manage, and communicate about an employee’s performance during this informative workshop.
Disciplining and Terminating Poor Performers
As a supervisor or manager, disciplining or terminating an employee for poor performance or inappropriate behavior is not only a vital part of your role, but it is necessary to minimize the risk of potential legal problems. Learn how to take prompt and effective steps to ensure your employees are performing well.
Participants will gain a basic understanding of human resources in order to:
- Become familiar with fundamental HR laws and best practices
- Identify opportunities for ensuring legal compliance
- Learn how to prevent common mistakes
- Determine specific actions to take in the workplace
- Obtain useful resources
Who Should Take this Class?
- Individuals responsible for the HR function, but have little or no training
- Managers who have HR responsibility
- Class ID: 5832
- Instructor: Yvonne Freitas McGookin
- When: 4 Tuesdays | 4/24/18 - 5/15/18 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 12
- Where: Broadway Edison Building - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $299
- Additional Notes: You may sign up for this series of classes, or take each workshop individually. Save $57 when you register for the full series!