Many of your business decisions involve comparing groups for differences. For example, would men and women prefer different product features?
In addition, you may look at relationships between variables. Does product recognition relate to subsequent product purchase?
This course will introduce you to the statistics behind these group differences and relationships.
You’ll also learn how to work with ratings, graphs and user-friendly reports of statistical results.
During this course, you’ll learn:
- To provide understanding of two-group comparisons
- To provide understanding of comparing more than two groups
- To provide understanding of working with rating data
- To provide understanding of relationships or associations among variables
- To provide understanding of interpreting visual displays of differences and relationships
- To provide understanding of drafting written explanations of statistical results
- Two separate groups
- Two related groups
- Three or more groups
- Pairs of variables
- Clusters of variables
- Predicting one variable from one or more variables
- Tests of difference using ratings
- Tests of relationship using ratings
- Visual displays
- How to draft the narrative
- How to engage your audience
- You’ll be able to compare two or more groups for differences
- You’ll be able to understand relationships among variables
- You’ll be able to work with rating data such as from rating surveys
- You’ll be able to interpret visual displays of these differences and relationships
- You’ll be able to generate user-friendly, understandable explanations of the results
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students who have previously completed our Introduction to Data Analysis course
- Professionals with basic data analysis knowledge that are interested in expanding it
- Anyone seeking to improve their analytical approach to find commonalities, relationships and more
- Class ID: 5902
- Instructor: Dereshiwsky, Mary
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Online
- Fee: $195
- Additional Notes: This is part of our Certificate in Data Analysis program.