Gain a basic understanding of the Six Sigma model in this introductory class, the first of the Green Belt certification program.
Six Sigma is data-driven methodology, set of techniques and tools for system and process improvement.
This approach is being used successfully in many industries including the manufacturing, service, or financial sectors.
In this course, you will learn problem-solving skills, using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) model.
You will learn the basic terms, problem-solving methods, team building tools, and descriptive statistics that are the basis for success in process improvement.
Topics covered include Lean Principles, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Team Tools, Project Charters, and Basic Statistical Tools.
The instructor uses the “flipped” classroom technique and expects participants to go beyond the classroom and use the internet and other resources to learn the material.
This course will provide a solid foundation that will help you contribute to improvement projects and to the overall success of your current or future organization.
- Six Sigma Goals
- Value of Six Sigma
- Origins of Six Sigma
- Organizational Drivers
- Goals and Projects
- Lean Principles
- Lean Concepts and Tools
- Non-Value-Added Activities
- Theory of Constraints
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- DFSS Road Maps
- Define - Teams & Customers
- Process Management for Projects
- Process Elements
- Owners and Stakeholders
- Identify Customers
- Collect Customer Data
- Analyze Customer Data
- Translate Customer Requirements
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Team Stages and Dynamics
- Six Sigma and Other Team Roles
- Team Tools
- Define - Projects, Tools & Results
- Project Management Basics
- Project Charter
- Project Scope
- Project Metrics
- Project Planning Tools
- Project Documentation
- Project Risk Analysis
- Project Closure
- Management and Planning Tools
- Business Results for Projects
- Process Performance
- Descriptive Statistics
- Understand the basic terms in the Six Sigma approach
- Gain familiarity and experience with the problem-solving methodology
- Develop understanding of the principles, process, team roles and tools
- Become familiar with project management tools and process
- Learn about descriptive statistics and how they can be utilized in a business or organization setting
Who Should Take this Class?
- Professionals who want to develop more sophisticated, streamlined and effective processes
- Project, product, or program managers wanting to improve team tools and systems
- Small business owners who want to increase efficiency and productivity
- People working in organizations already using the Six Sigma methodology who want to better understand the approach and improve their participation implementing it
- Job seekers interested in expanding their skill sets