How's your EQ?
Emotional intelligence is a phrase that has entered our language recently, a concept that is gaining appreciation and a set of skills that is increasing in value today for people on both personal and professional levels.
Emotional intelligence is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation.
This course will give you the tools you need to be emotionally intelligent in your workplace.
An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage his or her own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems and use humor to build rapport in tense situations.
These employees also have empathy with others, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity, can be gifted teachers, have strong sales skills, and resolve customer complaints effectively in a customer service role.
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy
- Understand how to best use and manage your emotions
- Verbally communicate with others
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence
- Relate emotional intelligence to workplace
- Balance optimism and pessimism
- Effectively impact others
Who Should Take this Class?
- New and seasoned leaders at all levels of an organization, from CEO to supervisor who want to build better working environments for staff to maximize effectiveness and thrive.
- Employees who aspire to become a leader.
- Professionals who want to acquire effective leadership skills.