Almost every business in North America uses virtual teams.
Gain the knowledge and skills to develop high performance virtual teams and contribute to their success.
The certificate course is designed to benefit anyone who is a leader or member of a team that leverages virtual meeting and collaboration tools.
If you are the formal leader of a virtual team, an informal leader, or want to move into a leadership role for your virtual team, this course is for you.
Learn how to lead a virtual team, leverage virtual meeting tools and help lead that team to a higher level of performance.
At the end of this three-course certificate, you will come away with an in -depth knowledge of what you can do to make a difference on the teams that you are part of.
Take away actionable skills, tips and processes that you can apply with your virtual team.
Introduction to Leading Virtual Teams
This course is the foundation course of the 3-course certificate and defines the differences between a traditional team and one that is at least partially virtual.
The role of the team leader is explored and you will learn the key knowledge and skills needed to excel at virtual team leadership, weather this is a full-time or part-time role.
In the second half of the course, you are shown how to build a solid virtual team and then how to kick off a virtual team, setting it up for success.
Leading and Mastering Virtual Meetings
For anyone who leads virtual meetings or wants to become an empowered virtual meeting member, discover the keys to success in mastering virtual meetings.
Get the knowledge and skills to create and lead positive and goal oriented virtual team meetings.
You will also learn when not to use virtual meetings.
The course also covers how to lead and manage difficult virtual meetings or difficult attendees and how to resolve conflict if it occurs.
Come away with skills to enhance your participation and leadership in virtual meetings.
Creating High Performance Virtual Teams
Building on the foundation learned in the previous courses, this course covers the skills and processes needed to move an ordinary virtual team to a high performance virtual team.
The skills include how to organize the team and then how to empower communication between team members while meeting the individual team member’s needs.
You will also learn processes used by most high performing virtual teams.
Finally, the course will cover the leaders’ role in developing highly engaged team members including how to build trust, commitment, respect and empowerment.
This is an online course offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
In this course, you will:
- Be able to define the differences between a traditional team and one that is at least partially virtual.
- Learn how to build a solid virtual team.
- Develop skills to lead positive and goal oriented virtual team meetings.
- Learn when not to use virtual meetings.
- Understand how you can lead and manage difficult virtual meetings or difficult attendees and how to resolve conflict if it occurs.
- Learn to organize the team, empowering communication between team members while meeting individual member’s needs.
- Develop processes needed to have a high performing virtual team.
- Gain skills to build trust, commitment, respect and empowerment.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Leaders of virtual teams who would like to improve their knowledge, understanding and skills
- Anyone who participates on a virtual team who would like to contribute to a higher functioning team or play more of a leadership role
- Anyone who plans to shift staff to work virtually or expects to be working virtually in the future and wants to contribute relevant skills
- Class ID: 8212
- Instructor: LERN Staff
- When: 2/4/19-4/26/19
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495