Ensure your star candidate makes a smooth transition to a stellar employee by developing a comprehensive plan for onboarding new employees.
Onboarding is the process of socializing new employees into your organization and begins well before new-hire orientation.
During this course, you'll learn how to incorporate onboarding into the entire hiring cycle, from recruitment to hiring and beyond, including how to:
- Convey the importance of a strong Onboarding program to the health of an organization
- Provide information on the differences between Onboarding during the "candidate phase" versus the "employment phase"
- Design an outline for Onboarding that will be beneficial in your own organizations
You'll leave with the basics of an effective program that will support employee success in your organization.
- What is Onboarding
- The Social Model
- Organizational implications
- Roles of employees and management
- The company culture
- Socializing prior to day one
- Public relations, social media and other trends
- Selecting for culture fit
- Taking it from Orientation to Onboarding
- Discussion of different orientation processes
- The role of feedback and ongoing evaluation
- Information: What to include and When to include it
- Helping new hires to match their strengths to the organization
- Organizational Identity versus Personal Identity in socialization
- Onboarding at your own organization
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the importance of Onboarding to the financial health of an organization.
- Gain a knowledge of the connection between the public relations, recruitment, hiring and long-term success of employees;
- Have a working outline for Onboarding that will be useful in your own organization.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Individuals responsible for the HR function, but have little or no training
- Managers who have HR responsibility
- Class ID: 5938
- Instructor: Kassia Dellabough
- When: 2/5/18 - 3/2/18
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Online
- Fee: $195