Satisfying customer and other stakeholder needs and requirements is at the heart of project management, and knowing how to manage and control the quality of the project output is essential.
This course will introduce you to the key concepts, methodologies, and best practices for project management quality and control.
Through managing a single, stand-alone project that is small to medium in size, we'll learn about:
- Quality planning
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
- Execution and controlling processes
- Performance control
- Establishing project metrics
- Change control
- Configuration management
Course content follows the Project Management Institute's (PMI®) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Know key innovators and developments in the history of the Quality Movement
- Understand the definition of Quality and know the difference between Grade & Quality
- Establish a Quality Control Plan using appropriate QC Tools & Techniques
- Establish a Quality Assurance Plan using appropriate QA Tools & Techniques
- Know the symptoms of ineffective Project Control
- Understand the key Controlling Processes:
- Performance Control
- Change Control
- Configuration Management
- Develop appropriate project Control Factors and associated Thresholds for control
- Understand the importance of effective Change Control and the Change Process
- Know the definitions of executing, monitoring & controlling
- Understand the sources of project change
- Be able to implement a process for handling new and emerging project requirements
- Know how to develop an effective project sponsor relationship
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: You should have attended at least a basic course in project management tools and techniques or have equivalent knowledge and experience, especially in the areas of schedule and cost control, risk management and managing project stakeholders. Experience with MS Windows and Office products. 2 or more years of experience in a project management environment is helpful, but not required
- Students who are interested in continuing to build upon what they learned in Foundations of Project Management
- Project managers, program managers, executives, sponsors, and team members who desire to understand how to organize and manage quality and control in a project
- Functional managers who support project resources
- Professionals who desire a career in project management
- Instructor: Jim O'Donnell
- When: This class is offered during Summer quarter each year. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 13
- Where: Online
- Fee: $289
- Additional Notes: This instructor-led online class requires your participation during the specific dates and times listed above. This course is also part of our Project Management Certificate program.