Six Sigma is changing the way organizations operate.
Leading the change are Six Sigma Black Belts.
This Black Belt training builds on the Green Belt certification and teaches candidates advanced problem-solving skills, using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) model.
After completing this challenging course, Six Sigma Black Belts serve their organizations as a trained specialist able to lead Six Sigma projects in their organizations.
Participants are required to complete a project and to demonstrate ability to use the tools taught in the course.
The instructor works closely with the class to not only teach the material, but to guide and mentor candidates as they work projects.
This course is no cake walk. This challenging Introduction to Six Sigma Black Belt course teaches critical people and management skills required for Six Sigma practitioners.
Introduction to Six Sigma Black Belt
The first course in the certificate program explains enterprise deployment, process and team management.
Six Sigma Black Belts are not only expected to have a thorough knowledge of the statistical tools used in the DMAIC process, but also have the ability to lead teams to successful completion of improvement projects within their organizations.
Topics covered include integration of Lean and Six Sigma into organizations, linking projects to organizational goals, process management overview, metrics, types of teams, motivation, team stages, and other soft skills Black Belts use.
The instructor uses the “flipped” classroom technique, expecting participants to go beyond the classroom and use the internet and other resources to learn the material.
Intermediate Six Sigma Black Belt
In this course, Black Belt Candidates will identify their projects.
The course will focus on the Define, Measure, and Analyze part of the DMAIC process.
In the Define stage, Black Belts identify customer needs and expectations.
Then topics such as project selection, project charters, project management and project reporting are covered in the Define stage.
In the Measure stage, the class reviews Lean concepts, Lean tools, understanding of data, measurement systems, and analysis of the measurement data.
The course will introduce statistical analysis and review probability distributions taught in the Green Belt course.
The course will utilize tools included with Excel software.
Advanced Six Sigma Black Belt
In this final course in the Six Sigma Black Belt program candidates will focus on the improve and control stages of DMAIC.
Topics included in this course include hypothesis testing, regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, non-parametric analysis, and statistical process control.
Participants will have to apply the concepts learned in the Introduction and Intermediate Six Sigma Belt courses as well as the material covered in the Green Belt course.
The instructor will share many handouts, spreadsheets, and web links that have tools participants will use while completing Six Sigma projects.
- Understand the Six Sigma approach at an advanced level
- Gain an advanced level of understanding and ability with the problem-solving methodology
- Develop an advanced understanding and skills with the DMAIC process and the ability to lead teams to successful completion of improvement projects within their organizations
- Gain thorough knowledge of statistical tools, analysis and probability distributions
- Go beyond the classroom and use the internet and other resources to learn the material
- Demonstrate ability to use the tools taught in the class
- Develop and complete an independent project integrating feedback from the instructor
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who has successfully completed the Green Belt certificate program
- Class ID: 8221
- Instructor: Scott Follett
- When: 9/4/2018 - 11/30/2018
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495