Discover the keys to successful writing for the workplace!
Whether you are writing a report, memo, letter or publicity notice, business writing has some defined characteristics for success that you can learn.
Successful communicators in the workplace move ahead and also advance the goals of their organizations.
Enhance your career by improving these critical communication skills.
Begin with understanding the format, construction, and successful techniques of writing good business reports and proposals.
Then improve your skills with editing and proofreading.
Finally, discover what good journalists know: how to write a news story, press release or other publicity notice that zings.
Help your organization stand out with your new skills in business writing.
Earn a certificate to recognize your skills while achieving a new level of success with your writing skills.
This online course is offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
This course is comprised of three one-month courses:
Take away the key practices you need to develop and hone your business writing communication effectively and successfully.
Get the best practices for crafting effective, professional business documents.
Find out how to avoid grammatical pitfalls.
In this class, learn business writing principles that will be good for years to come.
Whether you are sending out a press release, communicating internally with a memo or promoting your own skills on LinkedIn, strong writing skills are the key to success.
Come away with the tools and techniques you need to improve your copywriting skills and learn how to avoid the common writing mistakes that can hold you back.
Writing News and Press Releases
Being able to write a good news story, press release or publicity notice is a skill that can set you apart in the workplace.
Getting the word out is an essential activity for every organization.
Acquire the skills good journalists have and learn how to craft a news story, press release or publicity notice that will get attention
- Learn about the format, construction, and successful techniques of writing good business reports and proposals.
- Improve your skills with editing and proofreading.
- Learn to write a news story, press release or other publicity notice that zings.
- Understand grammatical pitfalls.
- Improve your copywriting skills.
- Be able to write a good news story, press release or publicity notice.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in learning how to improve their business writing skills
- Professionals seeing to improve their knowledge about best practices for writing proposals, reports, press releases and news stories
- Marketing or business professional who would like to take their writing and knowledge to the next level of professionalism
- Anyone interested in improving their skills with editing, proofreading, copywriting and grammar.
How Online Learning Works
Online learning is a flexible, enjoyable and productive way to learn. You will be able to engage with the instructor and other participants.
It is easy to participate in your online course with our educational partner, LERN. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect:
Participate when you want.
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For each unit, you will:
- Read the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review as many times as you want, at your convenience.
Discuss what you're learning and ask questions.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
We encourage you to actively participate (make 2-3 comments or questions each day) to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- Class ID: 8236
- Instructor: Dionne (Dee) Felix and Kathryn Will
- When: 2/4-4/26/19
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495