Delivering presentations effectively requires purpose, preparation and practice.
By clarifying the purpose of your presentation, you gain the information you need to design an impactful experience for your audience.
Whether you are presenting to a large group or small one, preparing for anticipated questions and concerns helps you to stay composed and on-track with any audience at any time.
With tools like PowerPoint and Prezi to enhance your presentation (not drive it), you keep your audience visually stimulated and engaged.
You’ll have an opportunity to learn and apply techniques for designing and delivering purposeful and impactful presentations.
Please bring an example of a topic that you would like to work with.
- Become familiar with the key elements of an effective presentation
- Identify techniques for engaging the audience – considering different learning styles
- Recognize ways to improve the delivery of a presentation
- Practice designing and delivering a presentation
- Explore methods for using tools like PowerPoint or Prezi to enhance a presentation
- Consider and prepare for logistical needs
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who has responsibility for delivering presentations, and would like to gain practical strategies and increase their confidence