eBooks are becoming more and more popular, especially with the release of the iPad and other tablet computers.
In addition to publishing fiction and non-fiction books, individuals and companies are using eBook publishing as a way to market products, services, and ideas.
Come discover what makes a great eBook, and how you can go about creating, formatting, and publishing one.
Learn the steps necessary to create your eBook with text, photos, illustrations, audio, videos, and hyperlinks to websites.
Understand the different options you have in self-publishing and distributing your eBook.
During this class, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn the elements of a successful eBook
- Understand the different eBook platforms (Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Google & Independents) and the publishing tools used for those platforms
- Discover specifically how an author takes an eBook idea from draft to published and learn how to format an eBook
- Be able to create a marketing campaign for an eBook and understand how social media, email, and affiliate marketing can help get an eBook into a reader’s hands
You’ll walk away not only knowing how to make an eBook, but how to market it as well.
- Understand the different available self publishing platforms (Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Google & Independents)
- Set up a publisher’s account on the various platforms.
- Know what tools are best for creating eBooks for each platform and the basics of how these tools work.
- Learn about the right tool for creating an eBook on each platform
- Review eBooks in your genre of interest and evaluate them based on set criteria
- How to approach writing and organizing an eBook from idea to final draft
- Understanding a book’s audience and goals for writing an eBook
- Learn to select and load photos and graphics into an eBook
- Discover how to select and embed video to an enhanced eBook
- Add interactivity to an eBook with hyperlinks, polls and interactive illustration
- Reviewing a checklist of materials you will need for your eBook
- Packaging your eBook for sale
- Uploading your eBook and filling-out your metadata
- Review typical technical problems that authors often have and understand how to correct them
- Learn best practices of Key Art (Your eBook Cover & Video Trailer)
- Understand what a book trailer is and how to make one that will sell your book
- Create a publicity campaign to promote your book
- Discover the power of email and affiliate marketing to get the word out
- Explore social media marketing and in-book cross-promotion to increase readership
At the end of the course, you will:
- Know how to take an eBook from an idea to published on an eBook platform
- Know the various publishing tools to use to create and publish an eBook
- Be able to add interactive elements that make an eBook stand out and engage readers
- Have a marketing plan to get the word out about an eBook you published
- Know solutions to the technical problems that can arise in eBook publishing
Who Should Take this Class?
- Budding writers interested in publishing their own eBooks
- Marketing and communications professionals seeking to add an eBook element to their content marketing program
- Small business owners who would like to share their expertise in a way that adds a new revenue stream to their business
- Class ID: 5916
- Instructor: Tim Street
- When: 7/3/2017 - 7/28/2017
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Online
- Fee: $195