Improve your communication and patient care skills by learning how to speak Spanish.
During this interactive class led by a native Spanish speaker who is an expert in medical terminology, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your Spanish speaking skills and learn vocabulary related to medical settings such as hospitals, health care facilities, medical schools, and social services.
In a casual setting, acquire the knowledge to formulate your specific questions related to your health care field.
Upon the completion of this course, you will:
- Be able to introduce yourself, and tell your name, where you are from, where you live, what you do
- Be able to have a conversation with your patients
- Learn vocabulary useful for your work such as parts of the body, numbers, internal organs, vital signs, common symptoms, household items, colors, and more
- Have some basic doctor-patient interviews to talk about some illnesses and problems
- Be able to describe your routine at work using verbs in simple present
- Be able to describe health problems using the verb BE
- Learn to tell time in Spanish
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Some previous knowledge of Spanish in a beginner level is required.
- Any current medical professionals who work with Spanish-speaking patients
- Anyone training to be in the medical field who want to prepare themselves for working with Spanish-speaking patients
- Class ID: 6635
- Instructor: Teresa Ramon Joffre
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 16
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 1139B | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $185
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.