This is the second course in the TESOL Certificate Program and is taken after completing the TESOL – Basics course.
Overview of English language grammar, with special emphasis on structures most commonly taught in English language classes is covered in this course.
By the completion of this course, you will have:
- developed an understanding of the role of grammar in second language instruction
- developed fluency in grammar-speak
- demonstrated the ability to explain, present, and provide examples of various grammar points
- demonstrated an ability to recognize and identify grammatical errors, and know how to fix them
- created a bibliography of credible grammar sources
- demonstrated an ability to talk about, work with, and teach grammar structures
- created several worksheets and two lesson plans to be used in future ESL classes
Who Should Take this Class?
- Native Speakers of English who want to work internationally teaching English
- International students who are studying in the U.S. and want to teach English overseas
- Current tutors and teachers of English language learners at tutoring centers and nonprofit agencies
- Class ID: 8211
- Instructor: Colleen Comidy
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 30
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3214 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $715
- Additional Notes: You must complete the application process to register. No Class on Monday, 5/29/17. Hybrid course with classroom component as well as online. Additional hybrid fee applies.