This is the second course in the Teaching English to Speakers Of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate Program and is taken after completing the TESOL – Basics course.
Overview of English language grammar, with special emphasis on structures most commonly taught in English language classes is covered in this course.
This is a hybrid course and meets weekly: in person for three hours, and online for 1.6 hours of instruction.
By the completion of this course, you will have:
- developed an understanding of the role of grammar in second language instruction
- developed fluency in grammar-speak
- demonstrated the ability to explain, present, and provide examples of various grammar points
- demonstrated an ability to recognize and identify grammatical errors, and know how to fix them
- created a bibliography of credible grammar sources
- demonstrated an ability to talk about, work with, and teach grammar structures
- created several worksheets and two lesson plans to be used in future ESL classes
Who Should Take this Class?
- Native Speakers of English who want to work internationally teaching English
- International students who are studying in the U.S. and want to teach English overseas
- Current tutors and teachers of English language learners at tutoring centers and nonprofit agencies
- Class ID: 8211
- Instructor: Colleen Comidy
- When: 10 Tuesdays; 1/8-3/12/19; 6-9 PM. Note: This is a hybrid course and meets weekly: in person for three hours, and online for 1.6 hours of instruction.
- Total Number of Hours: 30
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3214 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $1200
- Additional Notes: You must complete the application process to register.