Discover the world of Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CAD).
This program is designed to prepare you with the drafting and design skills needed to compete in the rapidly changing 21st century global workplace, and to qualify for entry-level AutoCAD® drafting positions. This course is the first in our 3-part Certificate Program.
If you’re already working in the industry, this program can also help experienced drafting personnel assume more senior AutoCAD® positions and gain confidence in their software skills.
Courses feature significant hands-on experience and are sequenced to build on previous classroom, lab and work experiences.
Level 1 covers the following topics:
- Getting started with AutoCAD
- Basic drawing and editing
- Drawing with precision
- Organizing with players
- Object types
- Inserting blocks
- Establish a basic understanding of the software
- Learn introductory techniques
- Gain insight into industry best practices
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Windows. Basic drafting procedures and terminology is helpful, but not required.
- Individuals interested in competing for entry-level drafting positions
- Seasoned professionals that would like to improve their confidence and skills with this software