Bring your 2D ideas to 3D life in this hands-on class!
Learn to navigate a 3D environment using Onshape, a cloud-based CAD technology, and become adept at the four foundational features of sketch-based modeling: extrude, revolve, sweep, and loft.
You’ll then be guided through the transition from a 2D sketch to a 3D model.
Discover how to prepare a CAD model file, then export and successfully print your 3D object with superior quality.
This is your opportunity to learn an exciting new skill that will help shape the design and production industries of tomorrow.
During this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn:
- Onshape cloud-based software
- The fundamentals of sketch-based modeling
- How to turn a 2D sketch into a 3D model
- Prepare, export, and successfully print your creation
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in learning more about 3D printing
- Artists, designers, product development professionals interested in learning more about this exciting new technology
- No experience with 3D modeling is required, but intermediate computer and internet browser skills are necessary
- Class ID: 8213
- Instructor: Brandon Pomeroy
- When: 2 Thursdays | 10/26/17 - 11/2/17 | 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 6
- Where: Off Campus: North Seattle College - Room TBA | 9600 College Way N, Seattle WA 98103
- Fee: $495
- Additional Notes: Intermediate computer and internet browser skills required. Each student is provided a laptop and 3D printer to use in class as well as a workbook.