Begin your journey into web design and development during this introductory course using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
We’ll focus on designing and developing websites with hand-coded HTML elements in conjunction with managing website file structure and projects.
We’ll explore common website formats and functions with a focus on User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) design.
The majority of learning activities are based on the required textbook, online discussions, and class projects.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate and demonstrate various formats of the World Wide Web and features of the Internet
- Design simple and complex web sites
- Utilize Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Create web pages and sites with text, images, internal and external hyperlinks, thumbnails, tables, image maps, and forms
- Develop and install comprehensive web sites
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who would like to learn how to create websites using the basic building blocks of web development
- Small business owners interested in learning more about the creation and maintenance of their business’ website
- Those interested in the basics of web design and development, and would like a primer to determine if its the right field for them
While there are no prerequisites for this class, fundamental computer skills such as using common applications, file management, and navigating the internet are highly recommended.
- Class ID: 5855
- Instructor: Yun Moh
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 55
- Where: Online
- Fee: $665
- Additional Notes: Check out our Textbooks & Supplies page for info on any required materials for this class.