This is the first module for both the LAMP and Python programs, and will introduce you to the basics of web development. Upon completion of this class, you’ll have the choice to split into either the LAMP or Python tracks.
Topics covered include:
- Algorithms (per class session)
- HTML / CSS Overview
- CSS Intermediate
- CSS Advanced
- GitHub Overview
- Responsive Design Basics (Bootstrap)
- Introduction to LAMP and Python stack
This module is required for any student without prior programming experience, and includes in-class instruction complemented with additional online curriculum.
The front-end of a website: HTML and CSS
- Exercise: Build out those blocks!
- Adding CSS Styling
- Document Object Model (DOM) Relationship
- Weight of Classes and Ids
- Group Activity: Plot your blocks
- Exercise: Python(site)
- Exercise/Homework: Internet(site)
- Data Types
- Group Activity: I do declare! Or I will return…
- Exercise: Can I have the time?
- Exercise: While you wait.
- Exercise: For a Few Billion
- Exercise: Range print
- Exercise: Fancy Array
- Exercise: Random Chance
- Exercise: Numbers Only
- Homework (optional): JSCircles
- Manipulating the DOM
- Group Activity: JQuery Functions
- Exercise: Disappearing Ninja
- Exercise: Ninja To Cat
- Exercise: Debugging JQuery
- Exercise: Hover
- Homework: Using .on()
- Homework (optional): Users, Color Clicker, Contact Card
- Introduction to DataBases
- Making ERD Diagrams
- CRUD Operations
- Group Exercise: Friendships
- Exercise: Countries
- Exercise: Sakila
- Exercise: ERD (Books)
- Exercise: ERD (Blogs)
- Homework: Explore SQLZoo
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Name the major technologies used for web applications
- Define a function, parameter, argument, conditional statement
- Define the pieces of an MVC framework
- List the RESTful routes
- Define CRUD operations
- List the SQL verbs for CRUD operations
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills including file management. Prospective students should try navigating their file structure from command prompt/terminal.
- Individuals who are computer literate, but want to dive into web programming
- Professionals who want to refocus their careers on web development
- Individuals who have a passion for technology and a desire to learn web development
- Class ID: 5850
- Instructor: Staff, Coding Dojo
- When: We're not offering this class right now, but we will again in the future. Please bookmark this page and check back for updates, or sign up for our email list to receive news on upcoming classes. Thank you!
- Total Number of Hours: 31
- Where: Broadway Edison Bldg - Room 3214 | 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $1,299
- Additional Notes: A laptop computer running Linux, OSX, or Windows 10 with 4gb RAM is required. If you have any questions about this program, please feel free to reach out to Coding Dojo directly at SeaCentral@codingdojo.com.