Effective Winter 2017, evening access after 7:00 PM will be limited to the Broadway entrance across from the Campus Bookstore and in front of the Campus Security Office.
Security Staff will be available to let you in to the Fine Arts building if needed.
1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
Seattle Central College is located in the heart of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood and is easy to reach from every part of the city. Just minutes from downtown, the campus is easily accessible by public transit, car, walking or biking.
The majority of our Continuing Education classes take place at our main campus, the Fine Arts building, the Wood Technology Center or the Mitchell Activity Center. Occasionally, we offer classes and workshops at partner sites around the city. Please confirm your class location during registration.
Several King County Metro Transit bus routes serve the college. For assistance charting your route to Seattle Central, use Metro's Trip Planner.
Our campus is a 15–minute walk from downtown Seattle. Capitol Hill is bike friendly, with a dedicated bike lane on Broadway (the neighborhood's main thoroughfare) and plenty of bicycle parking on campus.
By Light Rail
If you live south of downtown, take Sound Transit's Link Light Rail to Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. From there, it is a short bus ride or a 15–minute walk to our campus. In 2016, Link Light Rail service will extend to Capitol Hill and onto the University District.
Seattle Central is just a few blocks from Interstate 5. Carpooling is encouraged as parking spaces are at a premium. There are private parking lots on Harvard Avenue and Broadway and also metered street parking. The college's garage at 1609 Harvard Ave has limited public parking during the day; generally there is ample parking in the evening.
From Interstate 5 Northbound:
- Take Olive Way/Denny Way Exit 166 (under the Washington State Convention and Trade Center) and follow Olive Way east to Denny Way and turn right.
- Go up the hill and turn right on Broadway.
- Follow Broadway south to Pine, turn right, and go one block west to the Parking Garage located at Harvard and Pine.
From Interstate 5 Southbound:
- Follow the Madison Street/Convention Center exit (#165), making a right hand turn onto Madison.
- Get into the left lane and turn left at Boren. Follow Boren north until Pine Street, and turn right at Pine going east.
- Follow Pine Street east until Harvard Ave. Turn left onto Harvard, then make an immediate left turn into the Harvard Ave. parking garage.
The most direct way to find the office is to enter on Harvard Avenue at 1716 Harvard, and walk straight back, veering slightly to the left. We are located on the very bottom floor, below the cafeteria or atrium.