Seattle Central College is located in the heart of Seattle's vibrant Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Just minutes from downtown, the campus is easily accessible by light rail, bus, car, walking or biking.
Most Continuing Education classes take place on our main campus at Broadway Edison (main brick building), the Fine Arts Building (across Pike Ave) and Mitchell Activity Center (across Broadway).
Classes are also located at satellite locations including North Seattle College, Seattle Maritime Academy, South Seattle College, the UW School of Art and the Wood Technology Center.
Occasionally, classes are held at partner sites around the city.
Please confirm your class location during registration.
After 7 pm access to the Seattle Central College campus is limited to the main entrance of the Broadway Edison building on Broadway Ave.
If you need access to the Fine Arts building after hours, security staff in Broadway Edison can assist you and can be found across from the main entrance in room BE1108 or call (206) 934-5442.
We're in room 1140 in Broadway Edison, the lowest level on the Harvard Ave side
1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
Best entrance for visiting us:
1716 Harvard Ave, Room 1140
Office: (206) 934-5448
Security: (206) 934-5442
By Light Rail
Seattle Central College is just two blocks from the Capitol Hill Link Light Rail station.
Several King County Metro Transit bus routes serve the college. For assistance charting your route to Seattle Central, use Metro's Trip Planner.
Our campus is a 15–minute walk from downtown Seattle. Capitol Hill is bike friendly, with a dedicated bike lane on Broadway (the neighborhood's main thoroughfare) and plenty of bicycle parking on campus.
Seattle Central is just a few blocks from Interstate 5. Carpooling is encouraged as parking spaces are at a premium. There are private parking lots on Harvard Avenue and Broadway and also metered street parking. The college's garage at 1609 Harvard Ave has limited public parking during the day; generally there is ample parking in the evening.
Students can purchase an evening parking permit to be used in the 1609 Harvard Avenue Garage. The pass is $35 during Fall, Winter and Spring quarters, and $25 during Summer quarter.
From Interstate 5 Northbound:
- Take Olive Way/Denny Way Exit 166 (under the Washington State Convention and Trade Center) and follow Olive Way east to Denny Way and turn right.
- Go up the hill and turn right on Broadway.
- Follow Broadway south to Pine, turn right, and go one block west to the Parking Garage located at Harvard and Pine.
From Interstate 5 Southbound:
- Follow the Madison Street/Convention Center exit (#165), making a right hand turn onto Madison.
- Get into the left lane and turn left at Boren. Follow Boren north until Pine Street, and turn right at Pine going east.
- Follow Pine Street east until Harvard Ave. Turn left onto Harvard, then make an immediate left turn into the Harvard Ave. parking garage.
The Continuing Education office is located in room BE 1140, which is in the Broadway Edison Building (the large brick building), on the Harvard Ave side.
The most direct way to find the office is to enter on Harvard Avenue at 1716 Harvard and walk straight back to the left. We are on the ground level, below the cafeteria or atrium.