By Liza Burke, Marketing Manager
UPDATE: New classes are being added to our lineup and you can see new additions below.*
How do you feel about winter? The days have gotten pretty short, dark and damp. But it need not be dull!
What will spark joy for you this winter? Treat yourself to a class! Give yourself a special gift to make winter feel cozy and wonderful.
Winter classes are ready for you to browse and register. Choose one of the subject areas below or keep scrolling to see new classes.
Will you need more creativity, movement, music, mental exercise or people in your life this winter?
NEW CLASSES FOR WINTER 2020
Cooking, Baking & Nutrition
Learn handy new kitchen skills and enjoy tasting your creations in these special hands-on classes in our DIY section.
- Authentic Oaxacan (Mexican) Cuisine – Recipes and Traditions from My Mom’s Kitchen -- *added in December!
- Heritage Grains for the Home Baker and Cook -- *added in December!
- How to Break in and Succeed as a Professional Food Writer
- Nutrition Therapy Practitioner -- *added in December!
People & Places
The Travel, History & Culture category under “Languages” includes a wide selection of classes to shed light on the past, present and future.
- Explore Europe on Foot
- Global Displacement: Refugees and Internally Displaced People
- Ireland: Beyond the Usual
- The Gaels: History, Art, and Mythology
- Yiddish Film History
Build your boating skills!
- Basic Marine Electric Fundamentals for the Recreational Boater -- *added in December!
Many of our language classes have new levels and options, including:
- American Sign Language Intensive – Level 1 & Level 2
- ASL Fingerspelling Intensive -- *added in December!
- Kanji Master Basics (Japanese)
Or see changes to our Spanish program.
Senior Series & Weekday Daytime Classes
Are you available during weekdays? Check out this diverse assortment of new classes in our Senior Series, specifically designed for older students but open to everyone.
- Ars Intellectus: Baroque Art (Part II)
- Collage Workshop: Your Personal Journey
- Facercise: Take Years Off Your Looks
- Introduction to Shibori Resist Dyeing
- Personal Safety and Self-Defense for Seniors
- Topics in Astronomy and Space Science: Planets, Stars, Galaxies
- Unveiling the Artist
Women's Styling & Leadership
Step up your game with classes developed to support women in the work place and in society.
- Self-Styling for Women -- *added late November!
- Women's Leadership: Three-Session Program -- *added late November!
Compassion & Wisdom
Be your best self, even better.
- Meditations on Compassion: The Path to Inner and Outer Peace
- Meditations on Wisdom: How to Make Positive Choices
Use words to make the world, or yourself, better.
If you adore your computer, these online classes can help you gain hot job skills.
- AWS System Operations Certification Bundle (Exam Voucher Included)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (Exam Voucher Included)
- Emerging Technologies
- Java Programmer
- Python Developer
Get help arranging your "cookie jar" in one of these classes:
Here's to a joyful winter and 2020!