The American Academy of Pain Medicine estimates that over 100 million Americans currently suffer from chronic pain. Often the solution provided by modern medicine is over the counter or prescription pain medicine.
In 2014 alone, the National Center for Health Statistics reported that over 18,000 Americans died from opiates alone. It is no wonder that patients would seek out other less addictive and non-lethal options such as cannabis.
can be an effective pain management tool, which has been shown to have been used by humans for over 6,000 years. Join us as we look into the inner workings of cannabis related to human bodies.
Learn how our body recognizes and uses cannabis. Distinguish between acute and chronic pain and discuss some of the historical approaches to pain.
Discover why whole plant chemistry can be an effective pain management tool, and might be a better answer to pain than modern synthesized single compound medicines.
Become prepared to guide people who are currently working with their healthcare professionals, in how they can best use cannabis as a helpful way to relieve their pain.
NOTE: This course is online and self-paced. It has open enrollment; you can register throughout the quarter up to two weeks before the last day of the quarter. You will receive online access within three business days after registration.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Define the endocannabinoid system and be able to identify systems regulated by it
- Distinguish between acute and chronic pain and discuss some of the historical approaches to pain
- List some real concerns about modern pain relief methods
- Explain why cannabis can be an effective pain management tool, and further explain why terpenes are important to the entourage effect
- Explain to a customer the various methods of ingestion, as well as guide a customer on safely determining optimal dose
Who Should Take this Class?
- Washington State Medical Marijuana Consultants seeking CEUs
- Anyone who is using or assisting a patient who uses medical marijuana
- Those interested in gaining a better understanding of cannabis therapy
- Anyone who would like more information on how cannabis is a non-lethal solution to pain reduction