Due to federal drug laws, there are significant barriers to conducting effective cannabis research.
During this course, we'll examine current research and findings related to health risks and benefits.
Learn about the barriers to advancing marijuana-related scientific knowledge.
Identify the most salient contraindications for marijuana and reasons behind recommending abstinence from cannabis during pregnancy.
Learn about Cannabis Use Disorder (CUD) and how it relates to other substance use disorders.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the main barriers to advance marijuana-related scientific knowledge in the US
- Describe most salient cannabis use contraindications
- Explain Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome
- Define Cannabis Use Disorder (CUD)
- Explain how CUD relates to other substance use disorders
- Explain reasons behind recommending abstinence from cannabis during pregnancy
Who Should Take this Class?
- This class is for anyone interested in cannabis research
- Medical Marijuana Consultants seeking continuing education units and knowledge
- Marijuana patients who would like to better understand the current state of cannabis research