Pet owners and Medical Marijuana Consultants, have you wondered how cannabis could help your animal friends?
Learn about the possible benefits of using marijuana to treat animals based on cannabinoid science.
Explore the history of cannabis use with animals and safety considerations.
Discuss how to have a conversation with your veterinarian about cannabis products.
This course is facilitated by Trey Reckling, founder of the Academy of Cannabis Science and co-creator of the Medical Marijuana Consultant Course at Seattle Central College.
Trey has 15 years of higher education experience with conflict resolution, career development and training.
Veterinarian Dr. Tim Shu is the professional consultant who approved and helped provide content for this course.
NOTE: This course is online and self-paced. It has open enrollment; you can register throughout the quarter up to two weeks before the last day of the quarter. You will receive online access within three business days after registration.
By the end of this class you will have:
- an understanding about what conditions cannabis products might benefit animals
- knowledge about possible marijuana products that you might use to treat pets
- an introduction to the science of cannabinoids relevant to pet treatment
- considered approaches to discussing this with a veterniarian
Who Should Take This Class?
- Medical Marijuana Consultants seeking continuing education units for their certifications or certification renewal
- MMJ Consultants seeking more knowledge about cannabis and pets
- pet owners interested in learning about using cannabis to treat their pets