Learn to make films on a shoestring budget!
This class will help you make artistically rewarding documentaries at a fraction of the runaway costs of films today.
Gain an understanding how you can make great films while keeping the documentary team lean, eliminating the costly barriers between the filmmaker and your subject matter, removing the need for bloated crews, flocks of assistants, and executive overseers, and instead allowing the filmmaker to get close to their characters.
Learn clear, concise steps for eventually mastering the skills involved in all the steps of the filmmaking process: the conception, planning, producing, storytelling, funding, filming, writing, editing, and distributing of a feature-length documentary, all accomplished with a lean team of only one or two people.
If you are a beginning, intermediate or even experienced filmmaker who wants to learn how to break into the documentary field or retool your current experience, but feel daunted by the costs and
complexities of the documentary process, this class is for you.
Learn from Rustin Thompson, award-winning fillmmaker, producer and author of the book, Get Close: Lean Team Documentary Filmmaking.
Leave feeling empowered and informed how to take the next steps in your filmmaking career.
1) Define a "lean team" film and the strategies involved; learn the basic tools of making a lean team film.
2) Evaluate your project or subject matter based on the lean team strategy.
3) Learn how to capture images, sound and interviews in the field as a one or two-person team.
4) Understand the basics of organizing your material and editing.
5) Navigate through post-production, film festivals and distribution.
Who Should Take This Class?
Beginning, intermediate and even experienced filmmakers who want to learn how to break into the documentary field or retool their current experience, but feel daunted by the costs and
complexities of the documentary process.