Enhance your illustration skills and build your fashion and art portfolio!
Or join this class to enjoy a creative outlet and have fun in a relaxed, low pressure studio setting.
Learn to render fashion drawings that show personality and style, while exploring techniques to accurately represent clothing on the body.
The course content covers fashion figure structure and introduces stylization techniques and media.
This course is part of Seattle Central College's fabulous Apparel Design and Development program in the renowned Creative Arts and Design department.
Please see the Textbooks and Supplies page on this website to find out about required and suggested materials for you to bring this class.
- Practice using fashion figure proportions and capture movement in various poses
- Accurately represent clothing on the body
- Draw faces and key anatomy
- Use line and value to express shape and form
- Experiment with various media
- Create final figures and compositions
Who Should Take this Class?
Recommended Experience: Previous drawing experience is recommended but not required.
- Anyone interested in representing clothing and the fashion figure
- Current apparel and fashion students interested in practicing sketching skills
- Professionals and alumni who want to dedicate time to fashion sketching and/or develop portfolio sketches